K-12 Italian Poetry Contest
XXI Settimana della Lingua Italiana nel Mondo 2021
October 18 – 24
In honor of the 21st annual Week of the Italian Language in the World, Fondazione Italia, in collaboration with the Consulate General of Italy in Los Angeles & San Francisco and the Italian Cultural Institute of Los Angeles & San Francisco, would like to invite K-12 students to participate in a poetry contest that will showcase their creativity and connection to the Italian language. Please note! This contest is open to K-12 students living in California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Washington, Oregon, Utah, and Hawaii.
“Dante, l’italiano” is the theme for the 21st annual Week of the Italian Language in the World. Students in grades K-12 are asked to write a poem in Italian on any topic they choose.
- Participating student must be enrolled in K-12
- Submissions must be written in Italian by the student
- The submitted poem must have a minimum of two lines
Cash prizes will be given to three winners, one winner will be chosen from each below age group.
- first place winner for K-4 – $50
- first place winner for 5-8 – $75
- first place winner for 9-12 – $100
October 23, 2021: Submission Deadline
November 19, 2021: Winners announced