Grant & Scholarship Detail
The Premio Famiglia Fiducia Fund for the Middlebury Italian School, established in 2016, is a scholarship to support graduate students pursuing an MA in Italian at the Middlebury Italian School and the Middlebury C.V. Starr School in Italy, headquartered in Florence.
The fellowship will fund the complete master’s degree program for three students. You will complete your master’s degree by attending one six-week summer session on the Mills College campus (California), and one academic year at the School in Italy, or Sede, located in Florence. The Fellowship covers tuition, room, and board for the summer and year abroad. Recipients of the Fellowship will be identified as Premio Famiglia Fiducia Fellows.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted to the Italian MA program.
- Have completed a four-year undergraduate education.
- Have at least one year’s absence from academia (at least one year must have passed since receiving an undergraduate degree)*.
This opportunity is open to all students who meet the above criteria, regardless of citizenship.
*Please contact us if you have questions about this requirement.
How to Apply
All components of the application must be received by the application deadline, February 1, 2018 midnight (Eastern Time):
1. Middlebury Language Schools online application (application form, application fee, official transcript(s), three letters of recommendation, language assessment).
- Online scholarship form.
- Middlebury need-based financial aid form.
Notification of Scholarship
Students will be notified by email on or around March 1, 2018.