News & Events
2016 AP® Italian Preparation Course begins on January 23rd! This test preparation course offered by Fondazione Italia meets once a week by video conference for 15 weeks beginning on January 23, 2016. The course is geared towards high school students who are heritage speakers or who have had at least 3 years of high school Italian or equivalent, i.e. intermediate-level proficiency.
What students will learn:
– Familiarity with the six themes and sub-themes recommended by the College Board;
– Strategies for interpreting written and audio texts in Italian, even if they don’t understand every word;
– Strategies for starting, continuing and ending a conversation in Italian;
– The formal conventions of letter/e-mail writing;
– How to make cultural comparisons between the U.S. and Italy and how to make an effective and concise oral presentation;
– How to write a well-argued and organized persuasive essay.
January 23 to May 7, 2016
(15 Saturdays – no class on March 26th)
2:00 – 4:00 pm
Course Fee: $380
Through a generous contribution from COMITES Los Angeles Scholarships are available to high school students wishing to attend this course. Scholarship recipients must take the exam in May. Apply Today!
The deadline to receive the scholarship application is December 31, 2015.
Must be heritage speaker or have at least 3 years of high school Italian or equivalent, i.e. intermediate-level proficiency.
Download the Course Syllabus
** Students are expected to be tech savvy and to have a reliable internet access. **
Please review the following information before enrolling in the course.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us.
Max. enrollment is 12 students. Enroll early to secure your spot in the class!