- Be enrolled in a US accredited institution of higher education on a full time basis for the Fall 2021 semester
- Have a GPA of at least 3.5 out of 4.0 (or the equivalent). (Some scholarships require a lower GPA for eligibility. Students in a pass-fail system are also eligible.)
- Be a United States Citizen or permanent resident alien.
- Have Italian American ancestry. To be considered Italian American, the student must have at least one ancestor who has immigrated from Italy
- Have an active NIAF Membership. Student may use their parent, guardian or grandparent’s membership. Become a member here.
News & Events
NIAF’s scholarship applications are now open! NIAF offers 29 different scholarships with various criteria, ranging from $2,500-$12,000, in the fields of Italian language & culture, medicine, engineering, business, law, music & more!
Deadline to apply is March 1, 2021
Learn more about available scholarships.
Online breakout rooms are helping a class of 25 second-graders keep up with their studies in Spanish and English, says dual-language teacher Jocelynne MacKay. The Massachusetts educator acknowledges the challenges of distance learning, but says she’s learning to use various technology tools to support students, such as programs that allow students to record videos of themselves while reading and practicing their language skills.